Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Naked Truth

Some people would call me worrisome because every night as the sun sets, I close my blinds. I don;t mind seeing out, but it creeps me out to think someone may be looking in. Nate and I live in an apartment where the building next to us is pretty visible (or in other words I can see into their apartment, so quite obviously they can see into mine). It's one of the many perks of apartment living.

A quick non-science lesson for all of you, as it becomes darker outside earlier, it becomes more important to close your blinds if you have lights on in the house. This is what is called the "fish bowl effect". Because everything else is blacked out, the light is illuminated more. Except in apartments, the residents are not fish, they are seeing people. Naked people as a matter of fact. Like the naked man across the way who was getting himself a sandwich today in his kitchen.

So really I don't know if he was making a sandwich. I don't know what he was doing because I wasn't trying to get a peepshow. Either way, I think in the next apartment newsletter they send out instead of taking an entire page to show an illustration of a dog picking up his own poo-poo and the quote "If I can do it you can do it", maybe they should change the illustration to be a naked person closing their blinds.

There is something to be said about being close with your neighbors and community, but I think this one is pushing that boundary a little too far. If you are going to be in visible distance, please remember to put on a shirt.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha it's like Friends... ugly naked guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the part about the illustration of the dog picking up its own "poo poo" made me laugh really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first started reading this post I was thinking you had devoted an entire post to being able to see Lori and I across the parking lot... but this is DEFINITELY not a post about Lori or me. Just for clarification.

    And we've noted the fish bowl effect before as well... we just haven't had nearly as uncomfortable means to prove it.

    ReplyDelete