Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

What better way to procrastinate on all the things I need to do this week than write a blogpost? And I am laughing as I write this because I know there will be a surge of new posts to read this week because everyone else is doing the same thing. 

It's funny to look back this year and see how many things have changed. Including myself. Getting older and growing up is a strange predicament. I look back at who I was a 5 years ago, a year ago, or yesterday and sometimes I don't even recognize that person. So much changes so quickly. There is no way to freeze time, to stop that process. Every day, no matter how hard we try, we can't stop change. The world is constantly changing! Just look outside. If you happen to be in Virginia, the trees are taking their yearly slumber, but soon enough they will wake up, put on those beautiful green leaves and start their annual fashion show all over again.

I've realized I can't stop time, so this upcoming year, I've decided to try and control the changes a little better. When we know we want to go somewhere, it's easiest when we make a map. So for the new year I have decided to make a road map of a few things. Write down a few places I'd like to be in life, and then find the best routes for getting there. If my road map turns out the way I want it to in my head, I'll have to show all of you what it looks like.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas. That you each take a moment to remember the wonderful reason we celebrate Christmas, and to be grateful for the gifts we have been given from God. I hope each of you fill this upcoming year with the things that are most important, and that the roads you travel will take you where you want to be.

Sincerely,
Erica

3 comments:

  1. I think it worked!!! Anyway, my comment was...Amen and amen!! Love you baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is one of those streets becoming better friends with your sister cause I could help you get there...

    ReplyDelete