Monday, July 2, 2012

Let the good times roll!

I've been terrible at blogging lately. I've been a bad friend to my blog followers! Life has been busy! I am late on my blog post so all I can do is say I will do better!

Last week was sort of a tough week. I didn't see Nate other than an hour a day, and with all the crazy weather we've been having, it was nearly impossible to spend time together. It was a stressful week.

But then everything changed on Saturday afternoon. Like a bright beacon of light after a dark and gloomy week,  Nate and I got to go to Daryl and Rasheema's wedding! It was awesome. And it reminded me about something bigger than all the craziness in the news, at work, or everyday life.

LOVE!

I truly believe marriage and family life teaches us more about love than any other circumstance. Not only about love, but about Christ-like love. About charity and how real love transcends all things. When I am with Nate, I know he loves me unconditionally. Not because I am perfect. Or we have the perfect relationship, but because we are committed to each other and we promised to always love and protect one another.

God's best gift to me was Nate. And I could see that same feeling between Daryl and Rasheema on Saturday. I could just look and tell that with Gods help, they will continue to enjoy a lifetime of love and happiness together.

I will write again soon, but I had to document what a happy occasion it was to be able to join our friends on such a special day!

3 comments:

  1. This post just made me smile. Life is so good, thanks Erica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post but I get how hard it is to do it sometimes. I love to read posts with pics with small captions. It doesn't have to be a novel. Love ya, miss ya long time.

    ReplyDelete