Friday, January 7, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well I had intended to update this blog soon, but that was before I caught what may be the new plague here in Richmond. I think a person can get much more ill than I was, but for a girl who only gets a cold for a day or two, this thing is pretty wicked. I sound like I have pertussis... or I am turning into a goose. I am hoping neither scenario is correct. But the new year has begun, with or without my consent and we are now in full swing. I can honestly say I have spent over half this year in bed. I always wondered what it would be like to sleep like Rip VanWinkle though, so I guess I should feel pretty fulfilled.

For those of you who don't know, I quit my job right before Christmas because of a discrepancy about some requested time off. So my new found freedom has given me plenty of time to recover, but it has also given me plenty of time to think, WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF!? I would really like a job, or as my parents suggest, I would like to "contribute to society". Luckily for the environment, most job applications are now online or electronic, because at this point I may have used up half the trees in the rain forest. When I think about energy usage though, I probably emitted enough CO2 to counteract any good saving the trees did. All I want is a high schoolers job being a cashier or something... at least something to make me feel like I am doing some sort of work. It has come to my attention though, that even if you are a college graduate and could easily count seven dollars and forty-nine cents worth of change no one will hire you. Perhaps having a college degree makes me inaccessible to those who shop at chain retailers? All I'm saying is, if I was running a business, I would give someone who is over qualified a position if they will happily take the same $8/hr as a goofy kid who can't count. End of rant. Too bitter?

Truth be told, besides being sick, I have actually enjoyed my time off.  When you're preparing for a wedding, I don't feel like you ever run out of things to do. Now don't get me wrong, I sure do miss getting a paycheck, but I have been able to spend a lot of time with Nate. Have I told all of you how much I love that guy? HE-IS-AMAZING! He brought me Chick-Fil-A soup twice, cough drops, extra snuggles, and did I mention foot rubs?? After he goes to work all day, he comes over to my house- to give ME a foot rub! I-LOVE-HIM! Best. Year. EVER!

I need to go to bed. The later it gets, the worse the coughing gets. I will leave you with this. Don't try to RSVP... I haven't added anyone's names yet.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/NateEaton&EricaNalder

No comments:

Post a Comment