Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Really Bad Habit

So as I was looking through my blog, I realized I don't always post the things I write. I write myself to sleep a lot and (as my previous roommates can attest to) I always fall asleep with my laptop in my lap. I fall asleep mid-sentence and wake up with my laptop perfectly balanced right where I left it. Below is a blog I started in October and in an attempt to finish last year, I am posting it now.


It is only October, but it might as well be Thanksgiving already because every night I crave bread, mashed potatoes and turkey. My fall food cravings are in full gear. Fall just seems so cozy to me. I love it. Sweaters, coats, and a warm bed... I am in heaven. I should probably wait to post the Thanksgiving gratitude post, but today I feel like I need a little gratitude boost. So I will list those things I am grateful for now, in no particular order.

Fresh food and home cooking. Sweat pants and three layers of blankets to keep me toasty in bed. A blog to write in so I can feel like I accomplished something today. Supportive friends and family. The ceramic blue elephant who stands sentinel over my meager collection of books and little cactus snow globe. Prayer. Wawa hot chocolate with Irish cream. Craft blogs. An education and the ability to earn a living.


There are so many more, but this seems adequate for now. I won't get toasted leg syndrome tonight, so I am cutting off the laptop before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment