Wednesday, February 16, 2011

66 Days... Just 66 More Days!

There is a reason the people in that picture are staring and pointing, they are saying "Nate and Erica are getting married there in 66 days!" In case you were wondering, that means Nate and I have already waited 109 days since we got engaged. But really we have been waiting OUR WHOLE LIVES! Between the two of us that makes it around 53 years.

Salt Lake City Temple

Seems like a long time, doesn't it? 

But to be able to go inside and proclaim we are worthy and waited patiently to do so, knowing afterwards we will be together for eternity, it's worth it. I have spent my whole life trying to live in a way that would prepare me to go enter into the temple. If you can see that gold looking window in the middle, it says, "Holiness to the Lord, The House of the Lord". Fifty-three years doesn't seem so long to be able to enter one of the most sacred and amazing places on earth.

The other day as I was thinking about everything, I felt overwhelmed at how grateful I am not only for having a wonderful family and great friends who helped me make good choices, but having a fiance who has done the same. I couldn't ask for more. Well... I could... but it makes me look a little ungrateful when I think about the little things I worry over haha.

So really I just wanted to tell everyone (in case you haven't seen everyone I know post it on my facebook already) I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!! We are taking engagement pictures this weekend, so you will probably get a sneak peak at those pretty soon. We are finalizing food and flowers,  gathering music for the PAR-TAY, and hopefully these crazy people at the dry cleaners will GIVE ME MY DRESS BACK!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! 109 days is pretty much equivalent to forever in engagement days. I was thinking yesterday that you and Nate have been engaged so long now I couldn't remember when it was you got engaged...and I'm not even the one getting married, so it must really seem like forever to you. You are going to love the temple so much! Here are my words of wisdom to all who get sealed in the temple. As you might expect there is so much going on and the moment is so amazing that afterwards you won't remember most of the words of counsel the sealer shares with you. So assign a few family members and friends to pay attention and then to write those things down as soon as they get out of the temple (they'll be waiting awhile for you anyway) and then you and Nate will have a record of that inspired counsel, special for you. It's takes a little of the pressure off and then you can just enjoy the feeling of kneeling across the altar with the one you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the temple you are getting married in is absolutely beautiful!! I'm so excited for you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what? you're getting married? haha. Only 60+ days and I get to see you!!!! wooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    PS, I don't know if you've arranged for a florist or not, but I'm buying mine wholesale online if you want the website!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we may buy wholesale as well, but Nate's mom is buying the flowers. Where are you getting yours from? I looked at Sams Club and they actually have them pretty cheap haha.

    ReplyDelete