Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Get On The Bus, It's Time To Go

This song popped into my head today, and it made me want to write a blog! My dear friend The Ataris say, "Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right." I refuse to look back longingly to the past, but we have to look back occasionally to understand the future.

I have had a lot of really good people in my life. Good friends and family who have supported me and loved me through all sorts of things. As I come to a giant crossroad in life, I am glad I followed my heart. I must say, I am pretty sure I got it right. You may not always know what the future has in store, but you know you just have to push forward in faith occasionally. God has closed some doors in my life recently (or in some cases slammed them), but I can see Him opening the most brilliant windows. In these moments all I know how to do is follow my heart and know it will all work out.

When I was little I would occasionally think something magical would happen in my room as soon as I left. Like on Toy Story, I was hoping to see my toys come alive. So after I would walk out of my room and close the door, I would wait a second and then quickly burst in again to see if some sort of party was now taking place. Needless to say, I have yet to barge in on my teddy bears having tea. It is crazy to me that sometimes I still do that. I've closed the door on a part of my life, but then I want to peak back in and see if maybe I am missing out on something. When you take time to peak back into the room, it may seem harmless, but usually you'll end up missing the sunshine through the window.

As I embark on my biggest journey yet, I see plenty of sunshine up ahead and I am going to open all the windows I can!

2 comments:

  1. You don't want to go back to your old job do you? Or stay in the wonderful Chippenham Singles Ward forever? You are going to have a wonderful life. Us back here in the past will miss you more than you miss us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for to see you and Nate open a new chapter in your lives together forever!

    ReplyDelete