Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sclerotherapy Part 2

 It looks like all your prayers and well wishes have done wonders. Nate and my Dad gave me a blessing before the surgery saying everything would go well.

It did.

 In what ended up being a 15 minute procedure, they injected exactly where they needed to and believe they have reached enough of the malformation that I shouldn't have to go back for any more treatments! So while I am sore today and possibly sore for the next couple weeks, this thing should be shrinking up quite nicely.
 So goodbye to you Morty. We have not had a good time together, and I will NOT miss you one bit! They have me wrapped like a mummy/ burrito at the present moment and I'm not sure how the lady's of old wore corsets. I am pretty sure this thing is worse and may be limiting the oxygen levels in my brain. I am excited that this time around I had no nausea at all, no unnecessary cuts from my spine to my side, and I don't have to miss any big events! I get to go to my brothers' birthday celebration (brothers plural, I am celebrating for Adam even though he won't be present), and we are eating at Kabuto's! I love it when they cook your food in front of you and do all those little tricks!
 I better stop typing. I can tell the drugs are still in my system because I keep thinking I am writing one thing and type something completely different. Time to go back to sleep!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything worked out well!!

    P.S. are you on Gchat? I have some wedding related questions for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph,thank you!

    I am on g-chat, I just never use it haha. If you send me an email I will get right back to you though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well! I hope your soreness goes away asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, I just read Nate's post and I'm so glad you guys are staying in Richmond! I just got a job offer in Chesterfield today so expect some hanging out in our future.

    ReplyDelete