Thursday, June 23, 2011

So many posts... so little time!

 That's right, this may be the most I have posted in one month ever! Yes, it may have something to do with being incapacitated after back surgery and tiring quickly once I am up walking around. That will be over by the end of the week though, and I am excited about that!
 So while I lay here in my bed, it gives me time to think up crazy thoughts and plans that will most likely never come to fruition, but if they do it would be pretty cool. I think my husband would love these ideas since he is a bit of a day dreamer too. (Some people call it A.D.D. I think.)
 Wouldn't it be sweet if we could get an American car company to sponsor a drive across the US? And do a video blog about our adventures? Point out little shops along the way that make all American made products and meet all sorts of interesting people along the way? Proving that American made is possible and cool? With Nate's quick editing abilities and camera knowledge we could turn quick videos at all sorts of cool spots across the US! I guess Alaska and Hawaii are a little harder to hit on the US tour, but if Ford or GM could foot the bill I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get a car where we needed it. Test drive their different vehicles in different states, or just keep the same car the whole time to show how durable it is!
 I'm just saying, has anyone done this before? Because I am thinking it would get great publicity and would be one great advertising/ pr campaign. And of course I would be glad to step up and coordinate this PR stunt of a life time! It would be like an Elizabethtown type road trip, with all sorts of quirky stops and exciting adventures. I'd love to do it someday. It would be a lot of driving, but I think it would be a blast to go all over and find "the heart of america". Whether people, places, or things, the great and praiseworthy things happening across the USA!
 So anyone out there at a US car company reading... you better snatch Nate and I up on this awesome idea before another company does. Prove you have what it takes to be the #1 American car company! Dodge, *cough cough* I saw the JD Power and Associates report and you are smack bottom. Just call me, we'll come help.
 That or Nate and I will just have to take this trip when we get old in an RV... either way, you better be prepared Nate... cause it is soo happening!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that does sounds like a fun trip. I watched a documentary called 10 MPH about some guys who went across America on Segways. It was pretty cool. They stayed with random people and took random backroads. They wanted Segway to sponser them, but they wouldn't until the end (cause they got all this press). So, maybe you just need to start out and the company will jump on board later.

    I'm glad you're doing so good and that the procedure went well! I think we're going to come to Washington DC in the fall and we want to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be wonderful! Going across the country on a Segway would take a MIGHTY long time haha. Nate and I will have to watch that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to take a road trip, but it's just one of those things that gets pushed off and pushed off so make sure you actually do it! It would be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! Get on it Erica Dawn, make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Chelsea, Get on it!!!

    It sounds like a great idea and the sponsorship is genius. Maybe you could do a mini trip as an audition video and send it to them.

    ReplyDelete