Saturday, December 1, 2012

Apologies.

Who knew November only had 30 days? Not me apparently. And next time you see me, don't bother trying to explain that whole knuckle thing about which months have 31 days in them. I don't really care that much. If I did, I'd look at a calendar once in a while.

So in case you haven't heard the news, or the rumors, Nate and I are expecting a new addition to our family coming May of 2013. And it better be May. Tardiness is not acceptable. Pregnancy and I don't get along well, and I refuse to go over my due date. So naturally, I will be 3 weeks late and they'll have to slice me... it just seems to be the way it goes in the medical world for me haha.

I have had some pretty funny thoughts. Also scary. And exhausting. And just ridiculous. Like last night. I looked down at my feet and thought, am I wearing socks? I was, but I could barely tell. My feet are getting so white. They lost the tan sunburn from Australia quick. I could really use a tan. And then I thought, why do I care? Soon I won't have to look at my feet- I won't even be able to see them!

My outlook is beginning to brighten a little. No thanks to feeling any better, cause that hasn't happened. But instead of grumbling every day, I am trying to think how grateful I should be that we have this opportunity. We are so fortunate, and even if it came at a very unexpected and somewhat inconvenient time, what a marvelous experience it will be.

At this Christmas season, for the first time I am really understanding how difficult being a mother is. And I know I am only beginning this journey. The worry about the future mom's have, giving everything for their children. If there is an experience geared towards helping women understand pure love, it is this one.

I am not ready to be a mom yet. But I don't know that anyone is truly ready. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who has brought me breakfast in bed every morning. And defrosts my windows in the mornings. And is EXTREMELY patient.

This has been me lately. Except, let's be real for a minute. There is no rolling pin in these hands. I have maybe walked into the kitchen a handful for times without vomiting or coming close to it.

The Nate has done all the cleaning, food prep, and everything else lately because I have been pooped. Everyone keeps saying it gets better, but the headaches only seem to be getting worse. I have been trying not to take it out on other people when I feel miserable, but so far, I have had few successes.

But I will keep trying. And when I feel better, I will talk to people again. Maybe even have a night out somewhere? I'll keep you posted.

Even if it took some time, I am very excited for a baby. I have already picked out a name I like. I have determined I am having a girl until proven otherwise. Nate thinks it's a boy, but in asking around for guesses, girl is taking the lead big time. So far the name I have picked out hasn't been popular with other people. Lucky for me, I don't care haha. If our child doesn't like their name, he or she can legally change it at age 18.

More to come on baby names and the gender reveal party we are planning. I am hoping by 20 weeks I will be functional enough to host such a thing. Thank you all for your patience with me. For your kind words, encouragement, and support. I am so blessed to have friends and family who look out for me even when I fall short. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! Feel free to give me a call anytime you need to vent about how crappy you've been feeling. I know sometimes that helps. I'm excited to hear about what names you've been thinking of. :) We're so excited for you!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been feeling yucky....and I sympathize. There were months I lived on peppermint gum and Kellogg's mini wheats. But--it's all worth it when that new little person enters your lives. And, we can't wait! You'll be a great mom.

    ReplyDelete