Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Grinch Antidote

Being pregnant makes you really sensitive. And emotional. And it becomes much harder to deal with difficult personality types. If someone does something unthoughtful or unkind, it has always taken me a while to get over. I don't like it when people are blatantly unkind. I try to understand why someone would act the way they did so I can have some sort of understanding. I am looking forward to the day I have the baby so I can get away from a lot of negativity at work. But knowing I will never be able to avoid all the grinch-types of the world, or those people who have hard circumstances that don't know how to handle them well, what do you do for those kinds of people? How do you deal with it?

I guess the issue is, I just don't know how to let things go easily?

On to better things though, Nate and I find out in 15 days whether we are having a boy or girl!! And I have been dreaming up Nursery ideas :) I like the idea of Enchanted Forest. Mostly because I love adorable woodland creatures and nature, but it seems like an easy theme. Nate wants gender neutral, so we will probably end up doing something more like this. (It even has the name I like, though no official names have been decided ;)

But if we have a girl, I thought it may be fun to do something a bit more whimsical.

I am leaning towards the first nursery type theme. I think it will be much easier, especially if we end up moving down the line, or if I am crazy enough to try having another baby after this one. Pregnancy is tough stuff, but my philosophy on children is that it's like football, once your down, it doesn't matter how many pile on. (Once you have one child, it doesn't really matter how many you have because you have now moved on to the land of parenting. Life is never the same as it was before haha.)

Anyway... I can hear Nate stirring. Which means it's time for PRESENTS!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas again. Love, Erica.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! If you have a girl I have tons of stuff for you--you will get a big box in the mail and you can keep what you want or give it away. Also, I like the name Emerson (is that the name you like?) and it can go boy or girl (I know boys and girls with that name).

    ReplyDelete