Sunday, March 21, 2010

I know what I know, you know?

I first and foremost want to express gratitude in my blog. For a God that answers my prayers, however silly and insignificant they may seem, to people who act on those kind passing thoughts that cross our minds. Lately the little things that have been weighing me down lately, even as I have really thought about them, have seemed insignificant. I wonder why I am so caught up in these little troubles I have when other people have such bigger issues then me? But all of us have those little moments where we make a mountain out of a molehill. Last week I got to go see the play Wicked for the second time (LA cast was WAY better, but it was still awesome), and I was inspired by it. Elphaba, aka the Wicked Witch for those who have never seen the play, is misunderstood. She does what she thinks is right, and is made out to be a wicked and evil person. We all have decisions to make in life, and regardless of what anyone else thinks, you have to make decisions that are right for you. Even if everyone else will turn their back on you, when you know something for yourself, you must be true to yourself and do it.
So the new lesson being learned lately is, you know what you need to do, so go and do it. I think part of the beauty of life is that our lives here on earth are entirely our own. No one can act for us. We get a chance to create whatever we want to out of our lives. Whether we waste it or live it to the fullest, we get one chance to live here on this earth and this is it. We can't let the fear or disapproval of others stop us from doing what we want to do. Or from doing what we are called to do, if you believe God has a plan for each of us... which I do. Is it scary to go against what everyone else in the world wants/ expects from you? Absolutely. But I have learned recently that even if I am going to be alone in whatever my endeavors are, it is better than settling for mediocracy or someone elses expectations. So I guess my suggestion to anyone reading is best said by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of the critics paralyze you — whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside. YOU are a great power for good."

2 comments:

  1. Yay Wicked life lessons! I love reading these even though I forget to a lot. Why don't we hang out, Erica? Can we please change this soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you my little Punkin'!! Keep up the good positive energy!!

    ReplyDelete